Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 55:11 — 25.3MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
We returned to record our sixteenth episode on Sunday January 29, 2017.
Interesting News and Events
- Avaya Chapter 11
- Avaya Engage (formerly Avaya Technology Forum) February 12-15 2017 in Las Vegas
- Cisco Live EMEA February 20-24 2017 in Berlin
- Tech Field Day Extra Cisco Live Europe 2017
- PacketPushers: Show 324: An Introduction To Docker Networking
- Sorting Through SD-WAN by Tom Hollingsworth
- Is It Really Always The Network? by Tom Hollingsworth
Roundtable Discussion – Vendors / Value Added Resellers / Manufacturers
- How should you prepare yourself for a vendor meeting ?
- What is the interest of the manufacturer ?
- What is the interest of the value added reseller?
- How to pick the right solution for your environment ?
- Long Term relationship and support models
- Why are Vendors trying to push you into a product or technology ?
- Pursue a VAR that is interested in a long term relationship
What tools are you using?
Perl – I‘ve used Perl for the past 20+ years to help automate various small tasks and to help gather data for reporting purposes across a large number of devices (switches, routers, access points, etc)
You’ll find a few very detailed examples on the Perl Scripting section of my blog.