We returned to record our seventeenth episode on Sunday March 12, 2017.
Interesting News and Events
- Extreme Networks buys Avaya Networking BU for $100 Million
- Names and definitions of leaked CIA hacking tools – (Wikileaks strikes again!)
- FYI: Ticking time-bomb fault will brick Cisco gear after 18 months
- Intel’s Atom C2000 chips are bricking products – and it’s not just Cisco hit
- Cisco Live EMEA 2017 Berlin, Germany
- Tech Field Day Extra at Cisco Live Europe 2017
- Ethan Banks, Ivan Pepelnjak, Gabriele Gerbino, Jasper Bongertz, Max Mortillaro, Peter-Paul Engelen, Russ White
Cisco Live 2017 Berlin
- New ACi deployment Option Multi-Site Controller (Stretched Fabric >> MultiPod >> Multi Fabric, Multi Data Center)
- Python runs on IOS 16 natively
- Catalyst Digital Building Series Switch CDB-8U
- Cisco Catalyst Digital Building Series Switch Highlights
- 8 fast Ethernet ports and 2 gigabit copper uplink ports, with line-rate forwarding performance
- Universal Power over Ethernet (Cisco UPOE) and Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) support with up to 480W of power budget.
- Support for Layer 2 features, optimized for robust connectivity to lighting and other building IoT devices.
- Silent operation due to fanless design, which enhances reliability
Enhanced Limited Lifetime Warranty (E-LLW)
- boots in 5 seconds
- Cisco Configuration Professional express
- UDAP 1.1 ASIC Review (Peter Jones) – Catalyst 3000 Series Switches
- Dual Core 500Mhz,
- 256Bit MACSec Encryption,
- 24k x2 Netflow Records
- 240G Stacking
- 6MB x2 Packet Buffer
- 148GE Bandwidth
- Tetration Analytics
- Cisco Spark Board 55
- Screen: 55” edge LED LCD
- Camera: +/- 86 degree viewing angle
- Capacitive touch
- 12-element microphone array
- ENCS 5400
- FirePOWER 2100 Series Hardware
- 6.2 FTD release
- Flex Config
What tools are you using?
Ansible – From Networklore; Ansible is an open source automation platform. …Ansible can help you with configuration management, application deployment, task automation. It can also do IT orchestration, where you have to run tasks in sequence and create a chain of events which must happen on several different servers or devices.