Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 39:45 — 18.2MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
We returned to record our seventeenth episode on Sunday April 23, 2017.
Interesting News and Events
- Extreme Networks buys Brocade Data Center BU for $55 Million USD
- The Network Collective – Episode 1 by Jordan Martin, Phil Gervasi and Eyvonne Sharp
- Networking Field Day 15 – YouTube Playlist
Vendor Specifications vs Real World Performance
Did you ever purchased a HW and find out the Hard way that the box is not performing in your environment who it was described in the datasheets
Routers and Switches
- can be measured and tested in the Lab
- Packet sizes
- L2 vs L3 traffic
- watch out for all the features that will degrade the performance
ARP packets can consume a lot of CPU utilization? Miimon – NIC teaming in Linux
- Real world traffic is different
- single flow can effect the complete system
- NGFW features
Virtual vs Physical Hardware
- Limitations of the physical HW
- Performance penalties and with virtualization
What tools are you using?
Google is perhaps one of the biggest tools in a network engineer’s toolset. Google is invaluable in searching for solutions to a problem or issue or simply searching for the documentation or an example configuration.