We returned to record our ninth episode on Sunday July 24, 2016.
Interesting News and Events
Cisco Live US LasVegas
- Tetration, A Data Center Analytics Appliance
- StealthWatch / Lancope enhancement
- NetFlow, NBAR + Agent for ISR Routers
The CCIE Routing And Switching Written Exam Needs To Be Fixed by Tom Hollingsworth
Fixing The CCIE Written – A Follow Up by Tom Hollingsworth
Roundtable Discussion – Testlab
Why should we test something before we deploy it in the live production environment?
The difference between what is in the datasheet and the real world deployment.
Feature Testing / Configuration Testing
- Is it working in general?
- Comparison between different features / functions that provide the same service e.g.
- Routing protocols OSPF, ISIS, BGP, EIGRP
- Is it working with the new software
- Is it stable
- Failover tests /convergence times
- Interoperability Tests
- different features
- device types like e.g. Firewall, Router, Server
- Cisco VIRL
- Juniper vSRX
- A10 vThunder
- Citrix vNetscaler
- Cumulus VX
- Never trust the datasheets
- Packet genrators:
- iPerf / jperf
- IXIA Chariot
Monitor your testlab
- Netflow / Flow exporter
What tools are you using?
Cisco Nexus, Cisco IOS, Cisco IOS-XR, Arista, OpenDaylight, Citrix VPX, Cumulus, Juniper vMX, Juniper vSRX
PacketLife.Net Community Lab by Jeremy Stretch. Jeremy closed the lab a few years back but it was a great resource for those that didn’t have access to the gear to test their metal and skills.
If you have any questions, thoughts, or feedback please leave a comment below.